Remodeling your master bedroom, or even a guest bedroom, can provide you with a corner of your home that bears your own personal stamp. However, you might not expect that it can also add tremendous value to your home.
That said, proper bedroom remodels involve more than simply adding a coat of paint or some new decorations. A professional home contractor can help you make sure that your bedroom renovation provides a completely new look along with completely new value. Let’s take a look at a few things worth knowing before you take on a bedroom renovation.
While you may not have guests over every night, you do want them to be comfortable when they visit. Here are a few questions to keep in mind when remodeling your guest bedroom:
- Is the bedroom large enough for multiple visitors? If not, do I have room to push the walls out a little bit?
- What kind of flooring would be best for this room?
- Is there convenient bathroom access from this bedroom? Do I have an option for an en suite, or even a half-bath?
- Is there sufficient space for a closet?
While many people argue that a kitchen is the most important room in your home, you must not overlook the master bedroom, your haven for retreat and relaxation. It’s important that your master bedroom reflects your personal style and preferences.
In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, it’s wise to renovate your master bedroom with ample space and perhaps even a selection of luxury features. Space and features are where you will see a particular return on your renovation investment if/when it comes time to put your home on the market.
In a buyer’s market, home buyers look for luxury master bedrooms with features that encourage relaxation at home after a long day. Some of the features you may want to consider for your master bedroom include:
- Hardwood flooring or luxury carpeting
- If space allows, a larger footprint is desirable in a master bedroom. If possible, you can add space to your room by adding on to your home or by repurposing currently unused space
- An en suite with separate tub and shower, along with his and her vanities
- His and her walk in closets
- A sitting area in the master bedroom
- When the temperature drops, a fireplace in the master bedroom suite is a cozy addition for anyone looking to stay warm
When it comes to remodeling or renovating bedrooms, choosing a builder is the most important part of your project. If you are looking to make some changes to your bedrooms or remodel your home in the Nashville, Tennessee area, contact the professional home contractors at Vesta Homes, LLC. With over eighteen years of experience, we know what it takes to build a quality bedroom that will add value to your home and stand the test of time. We work with a hand selected team of vendors, subcontractors, architects, and designers that come together to provide an elite product.
If you are thinking about building out a bedroom, please contact us today.