If you’re considering remodeling your home, you’re probably interested in current trends for homes in 2019. The trends for this year tend to lean two ways: dramatic glamor and warm comfort. Because these two trends are so different, you can choose what best fits your style and still be on trend.
If you work with a professional residential contractor for your home renovation project, you have the advantage of a team of construction experts, designers, and architects to help you find the right ideas for your space. While you can remodel any room in your house, our trends and predictions will focus on kitchens and bathrooms. Remember, however, that flooring and lighting concepts can always be carried into other rooms of the house.
Doing a kitchen remodel always adds value, but it’s also a way to quickly update your home and add style. Here are some current trends to incorporate into your kitchen renovation:
- Countertops – Quartz still remains one of the top choices in countertops. It is durable and resists most stains. On the other hand, granite is a less popular choice and not as desirable for home buyers.
- Darker Hues – Gone are the days of white kitchens. They are hard to keep clean and look uninspiring. Instead, dark hues and black are making their way to more kitchens. The moodier the hue, the richer the feel.
- Finishes – The new go-to finish on cabinets is a matte finish, which is easier to clean and tends to stay in style longer. Stainless steel appliances are becoming less popular and taking a back seat to simpler, easy to clean surfaces.
- Concrete – Concrete is making its way back into flooring, countertops, and backsplashes in kitchens and other rooms of the house.
- Flooring – Make a statement with tile, hardwood flooring, cork, or spice it up with rugs.
When you’re taking advantage of some house remodeling, don’t forget the bathrooms. There are plenty of trends that can be incorporated into these rooms as well.
- Neutral Palette – For a small bathroom that will stand the test of time, keep things neutral as not to overwhelm the senses.
- Black – Spa -inspired black bathrooms are bold and predicted to be on trend for 2019.
- Shower Plumbing – It is currently very fashionable to have exposed plumbing in showers. With the right background, the industrial look just fits.
- Open Concept – Open concept bathrooms are becoming increasingly popular. A built out shower with no door allows for a more open bathroom. The absence of columns, partitions, or other obstructions leave the sightline open from one wall to the next. This makes a normally small space seem much larger.
- Marble – White or grey marble is timeless and classic for showers and tubs.
- Concrete – Once again, concrete makes an appearance on bathroom walls, floors, sinks, and countertops. Your home remodeling contractor can help you incorporate concrete features in your bathroom so that they fit with the rest of your home.
If you’re looking for a remodeling contractor in the Nashville, Tennessee area, contact the professionals at Vesta Homes, LLC for all of your needs. We work with a hand selected team of vendors, subcontractors, architects, and designers who come together to provide an elite product. We can help you remodel your home and incorporate any of your favorite trends.