Once you’ve met with your local residential home builder and started building your new custom home, you are on your way to settling down in Nashville. But there are still a few things you need to do in order to fully immerse yourself in the Nashville culture.
While Nashville is famous for country music and good food, it has so much more to offer. This list will help you get accustomed to some of the other things Nashville has to offer.
Points of Interest
- Country Music Hall of Fame – While Nashville offers much more than just country music, you must visit this iconic place while you’re living in Music City. It has exhibits from past artists as well as current artists. The walls are lined with CDs of artists who are talented beyond belief and who have millions of fans. It’s not called the Smithsonian of country music for nothing.
- Downtown Broadway – This is Nashville’s nightlife at its best where you’ll find plenty of honky-tonks with aspiring songwriters. Be on the lookout for the next hottest star!
- Wildhorse Saloon – This live music venue offers nightly line dancing if you are looking for some action. Even if you don’t know what you are doing, there are professionals available to help you learn step by step.
- Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage – If you want to see where the former President spent many of his years, then visit this plantation. It has been restored and retains many of his belongings. The Hermitage is a National Historic Landmark and the former president is buried on the grounds along with his wife, Rachel.
- Centennial Park – Take a stroll through the park and relax. You’ll find gorgeous greenery, places to hike, bike trails, and lots of nature. Enjoy a picnic and even the entertainment stage in the warmer months.
- The Bluebird Café – This is one of the most well-known and oldest venues to listen to music. Some very talented artists, including Taylor Swift, have been discovered at The Bluebird Café.
- Hillsboro Village – This area has a variety of restaurants and small shops to enjoy. It’s a hip area with bohemian boutiques and artsy coffee shops.
- Grand Ole Opry – You haven’t had the full Nashville experience until you’ve been to a show at the Grand Ole Opry House. This venue has been around since 1925. Even if you don’t see a show, the venue offers backstage tours that give you an opportunity to see into the life of a professional artist.
- Ryman Auditorium – The “Mother Church” of country music is named after Thomas G. Ryman, a Nashville businessman who opened the venue in 1892. It was the home of the Grand Ole Opry from 1943 to 1974 and has been a National Historic Landmark since 2001. It serves as a live music venue on a nightly basis.
- Parthenon – The Parthenon was built in Centennial Park in 1897 for the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. It’s 42-foot Athenian replica cast from the original structure.
When you get tired from all the exploring, try one of Nashville’s many iconic restaurants.
- Pancake Pantry – There’s been a line out the door at this place since 1961. The Pancake Pantry serves the Hillsboro Village area offering its famous pancakes and other breakfast foods. The menu is full of creative options such as banana bread pancakes, sweet potato pancakes, Caribbean pancakes, and more.
- Monell’s Restaurant – This restaurant will make you feel welcome with family style dining. With new food on the menu every day, you will find fried chicken, hot southern vegetables, desserts, biscuits, and more.
- Prince’s Hot Chicken Shack – In Nashville, you go to Prince’s when you want the original and best hot chicken. This restaurant was started by Thornton Prince and is continued by his great niece Andre Prince Jeffries. The chicken ranges from mildly spicy to off the charts hot.
If you’re looking to build a custom home in Nashville, contact Vesta Homes. We work with a hand selected team of vendors, subcontractors, architects, and designers that come together to provide an elite product. Our custom builders have been custom designing homes for years and can give you the home you’ve been envisioning. Contact us today!